Wednesday, October 20, 2010

* Isn't the World Full of Wonderful Things? *

"Isn't the world full of wonderful things?
I have lost so many things: my job, my future
Everything that people *think* is important, but I don't care.
'Cause even if I have to dig ditches for the rest of my life
I should be a ditch-digger who once had a wonderful day!"
- Cornelius Hackle "It Only Takes a Moment"

Sigh I adore Hello, Dolly! It has always been one of my favorite musicals (yes even before Wall-E). And that has always been one of my favorite lines. I remember as a little girl being glued to the tv watching this movie (which I borrowed every time I could from the library) while all the other kids were outside playing.

Thinking back now, it might just be because of Dolly (Barbra Streisand's character) that I dreamed of becoming a coordinator of some sort. She made it look and sound so fabulous with the song "Just Leave Everything to Me." You know and get to meet so many different people while having an answer or solution to any situation.

If you haven't watched it, please do yourself a favor and do so! It's directed by the one and only Gene Kelly (Singin' In the Rain among many other fantastic films). So you know the songs and dancing will blow your mind.

Here's a nibble for you:
My favorite number "Put on Your Sunday Clothes"

video


I wish they would make movies like this again.
Where men were gentlemen and ladies were treated as such.
Well a girl can dream ... :]

No comments:

Post a Comment