Sunday, October 24, 2010

* Pure Imagination *

The other day I was bit flustered when I was attempting to transfer design images from my mind onto paper. It always looks so much better in my imagination. Reality and all its silly limitations :p

However I was encouraged today when I ran across one of my favorite scenes from the original Willy Wonka movie:



I always love the part when he sips from the buttercup teacup and then bites into it.

I guess what I realized is that it isn't reality that sets the limits of what can or can't be done. History has obviously proven that time and time again. It's us and our minds that create the limits of how far we can go. That's probably the greatest obstacle to overcome when it comes to doing things differently. Because I honestly believe imagination is a blueprint of the all delightful possibilities we can create in this world. Our attempt to add a bit color into this otherwise black and white routine life.

You know... something like this:








It's amazing to see the power of imagination at its best. For more sweet photos, check out Mochimochiland.com.


I'll leave you with these wise wise words from Willy Wonka which has inspired me to try try again with my ideas:
  • We are the music makers... and we are the dreamers of dreams.
  • There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. 
  • Anything you want to, do it. Want to change the world? There's nothing to it

No comments:

Post a Comment