Tuesday, February 8, 2011

* Challenge Accepted: Vday Gift Ideas Extended Ver. *

After reading yesterday's post, my friend blatantly informed me that more examples are needed. I guess my tips just didn't suffice. 
Ok. No worries.
Challenge: accepted.

Here we go. Each day this week, I'll post up one of my top favorite movie/tv  "awwww" moments that you can use to mold and shape for your own valentine. I was going to do a backwards countdown of my top 7 moments but I figured I should probably start with the more difficult/time consuming ones. That way you'll have more time to emulate. And for you procrastinators, I'll end the week with TRULY simple yet sweet acts of affection that might just save you from meeting your <3 empty handed.


Valentine's Day Out of the Box Gift Ideas: #1

Amelie

On a scale of 1 - 10 (10 being the highest)
Time: 10
Difficulty: 8
 $$: 1
Effectiveness: 10
Aww: 10


This movie moment cleverly covers all 4 tips in the most unique fashion. And of course, it's thought of and executed beautifully by... a lady. Definitely one of my top favorite movies. Witty storytelling. Every scene/every line is pure magic. Watch it.


Background info: Amelie retrieves Nino's album full of discarded photobooth pictures of random strangers he collects and tapes together. She is intrigued by his peculiar hobby and falls for him. Amelie comes up with a carefully planned maze to return the album to Nino and leaves him wondering in amazement who this mystery woman is.





-I don't even know her
-You do
-Since when?
-Since always. In your dreams...



And because I can't resist, here's another favorite scene from the movie that doesn't really relate to the topic at hand but it's worth watching.





continued on at 1:50...




"Amelie has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment. Soft light, a scent in the air, the quiet murmur of the city. She breathes deeply. Life is simple and clear. A surge of love, an urge to help mankind comes over her."


See you tomorrow xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment