Sunday, February 13, 2011

* When You Know *


Valentine's Day Out of the Box Gift Ideas: #6

Serendipity

On a scale of 1 - 10 (10 being the highest)
Time: 4
Difficulty: 3  
$$: 1-5
Effectiveness: 10
Aww: 10



I apologize for yesterday's jam packed entry. I had so much to share and felt like if I didn't squeeze it all in there last night, it might be cutting it a little too close to Monday. Therefore I'll keep today's idea semi-short and sweet. 

There are gifts that people know they want and some that they never even knew existed but would love to have. Then there are those gifts that fall right in the middle. Something that they've secretly been wanting but for some reason just haven't found the "right" one/type. For example, I've been searching for a simple messenger bag. Yet I still haven't been able to find the one that fits me and my style. But once I see it, I'll know.


Background info: Jonathan Trager met Sara Thomas by chance. They didn't know anything about each other (other than their first names) but they knew instantly that things just clicked between the two of them. However the timing wasn't right so they decided to test fate. They each wrote their contact info on random objects ($5 dollar bill and a book that would be sold to an unnamed bookstore) and sent them off into the universe. If Jonathan and Sara were truly meant to be, these objects would find their way to the other person and their love story would continue. But after much time had passed and much effort had been put in to find Sara's book, Jonathan had given up hope and was prepared to marry his fiance. That is until fate stepped in...






Serendipity is one of my most favorite romance movies and I've must have watched it a bajillion times. And I promise you, this scene gets me every single time ...even till this day. The moment he tears open the wrapping to reveal the book, my heart stops. Then as he very slowly flips to the page to see if it's THAT book he's been searching and wanting with all his being and it turns out to be the exact one... seriously.. GOOLDEN! And of course they bring it all home with Shawn Colvin's - When You Know. I mean, how can you not be teary-eyed at the end of that scene?



When you feel in your skin in your bones and the hollow
Of your heart, there's no way you can wait till tomorrow.
When there isn't any doubt about it once you come this close
Cause you know and you know that you know. 




i believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment