Tuesday, October 4, 2011

* I Wonder...*

You know I've got another post in me tonight.



If you couldn't tell already, I'm someone who wonders about love all the time. I've always been curious (perhaps) because I've never truly experienced it. I observe. I ask. I daydream. But I've never quite figured it out.

I rely on optimism to keep me hopeful. To keep the possibility of having someone real make his appearance one day.



Because if not, then cynicism will easily take over and that would be sad. I'll admit it. I'm human. I often have my doubts about the opposite sex and their intentions. Not specifically towards me but to women in general. There are a lot of creeps out there. So a girl has to look out and be on guard.. so she won't be vulnerable to getting her heart broken.


For now, it's just a matter of being patient and taking this time to work on me, my goals and dreams. And to be completely honest if "he" never shows up, I would yes be disappointed but ... ok. Because I'd rather live my life single and dramafree than settle with yet another not so nice guy and his ish.. ya know what i mean?


---------------------------

Still...


... I wonder.

5 comments:

  1. Very thoughtful entry! Any guy with you is super lucky. You're an amazing person, and I'm sure there's a guy out there who is more than willing to treat you with the respect that you deserve. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is kinda comforting to know that I'm not the only one who think and feel this way, and to keep that hope in me that he will come into my life one day. Always admire your positivity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @some "awesome" dude: Thank you! That's so very very nice of you to say. If only more men out there had that wonderful mindset.

    @Jacqueline: I love your comments. They're always so encouraging and lovely to read. I wasn't sure about writing something so "close" to my inner thoughts but knowing that other women can relate reassures me in a very comforting way (like you said).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be the first to admit that there are many guys out there who have questionable intentions at best...but there are also quite a large number of us guys who would want nothing more than to show you women that we're not all jerks and that we want to treat you as well as you deserve. So stay optimistic, and the right guy WILL come along and sweep you off your feet. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Some Dude
    :] Where are all you guys? Thanks for the encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete