Monday, August 27, 2012

* Why Not Me vs Why Me *

Have you ever looked at some one and thought... why him/her and why not me?
I can do it too, if not better.
Just give me that chance. I'll show you. 

I used to be exactly that way.
Just waiting. Wanting. Wishing. Dreaming.



But from my experience, to get to where you're meant to go ... you'll have to learn how to crawl first before you can walk, run and eventually... soar.

Even if you believe you're ready, you have no idea. Because once that "preparation meets opportunity" moment comes along, you'll be tested to your limits and beyond. For things never quite happen the way you imagined them to.




When you look back on the path you took, you'll begin to understand that all that time you were "waiting" was actually training. Training of patience, strength, understanding, commitment, humbleness and the openness of heart and mind. All the basic qualities to take on the amazing challenges that will inevitably come to pass. Because in order for phenomenal things to transpire, you'll need as much inner strength and courage you've managed to muster up throughout all this time.



Only then will you get to the point where suddenly the "why not me" shifts to "why me?" Because you'll realize only you were specifically chosen to take on that particular role at that particular time. Out of the billions of qualified people on this earth.. why were YOU the one? To be so lucky. To be so fortunate to be in that position. 

Because...

YOU were MADE to do it and you were trained specifically for it. 




You were given that innate yearning, passion and endurance to see it through to the end no matter what. When you're fighting an uphill battle, those seemingly impossible hurdles will never end. But that's when you know you're doing something right. For you're always seeking to be better and you'll fight for it like no one else on this planet will. And you'll never stop. 



Because you believe in it too much 
to ever stop.


And that's the answer. 

That's why you.


So take a moment and smile.
Because it's you.


xoxo,
christine


2 comments:

  1. You have put what I've always thought about into words on a page. Thank you, now I can stare at it in black and white whenever I need down and a reminder but my brain fails to cooperate. Love you Chris, we think alike. Wish I could meet you one day, and hopefully become good friends, because I know we will if we met. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly what i am facing now. Just got promoted to a higher position, asking myself the "why me" question everyday BUT never stop believing myself and fighting for a better me. This is such an inspiring post!It hits me.Thanks for sharing your personal experience.

    ReplyDelete