Thursday, November 8, 2012

* Catching My Breath *



 ............................................


There are times when you want to quit. When you want to throw up your hands and just walk away. You stumble. You fall. And you cant seem to catch a break.



Nothing seems to go your way.
No matter how hard you're running, you don't seem to be going anywhere.

I wont sit here and tell you things will get better because you already know that. You've heard it from everyone... including me somewhere in a past blog post.



But I will tell you that I've been there ... many many times before.
I've made mistakes. Some so bad that I honestly felt nothing but hopelessness. Because that's all I could see. What I did wrong. What I wasn't doing right.

How fast other people were getting to where they were meant to go. 




Where did I fit into the picture?


No where. 


And there was no way out.
It's like trying to find your way out of a pitch dark room with no direction whatsoever.



So what do you do?
You .. just.. walk. Day by day.
You surround yourself with good people. I mean really good people who will remind you of all the amazing things in life.



You'll go out, laugh, have great times and slowly forget your woes.


And finally. When you're ready.. you forgive yourself. Even if you believe whatever that happened wasn't your fault, you accept responsibility for your part. Because at the end of the day, it's your life. And in order to move on and make progress, you have to find peace within yourself.

It took me years to get to where I am now. And I recognize fully that I'm still a work in progress and will always be but .. I got out. Through all the mess, tears, frustrations and situations I put myself in, I reached the light at the end of the tunnel.



Without going through all that, I promise you with everything I have today I wouldnt be working at Wong Fu. So to answer the question I get asked the most: How did you get a job at WFP?

This is my answer.
It found me the same time I was looking for it. And I was only looking for it because I had reached the right frame of mind AFTER climbing my way out of the holes I dug myself into and UNDERSTOOD why I had to fall in them. 

It was a journey. I wouldnt trade it for anything in the world. Or else I wouldnt be who I am today.











This may not be my ultimate destination but it's quite the paradise <3


 gawww  ;]



3 comments:

  1. You're so lucky! Someday, I might want to be just like you. (: I like how you paved your own road to your future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine, I don't know how old you are or what experiences you've been through, but I would like to know. I would like to learn of the holes you dug and how you climbed back out. I don't have older siblings or relatives in our generation to learn and get advice from. So if you're willing, please be my "big sister" and I'll be your "little sister". I'm not sure if big sister, little sister programs work this way, but lately I've been feeling under the weather (and the weather is often dreary and rainy in the city where I reside) about where I'm headed with me life. And that's nowhere. There's a big difference between what I want to do, what I'm currently doing (wasting time on an education that's not useless but might as well be useless to me), and what my mom hopes I'll be doing. She just wants me to be financially secure, but more important to me is my mental wellbeing and not my financial wellbeing. Sigh. Life is cruel.
    Everyday I wake up for my classes and ask myself what I'm doing going to business school when I'm well aware that I don't want to be a manager helping run a company. That's just not me. Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for posting this entry Christine! it really help me to be more determined, especially with my studies! I know this trials I'm facing right now will lead me to a better ME in the future. thanks for inspiring me even more! wf4l! :D

    ps.you know what? one of my dreams is to work with wong fu! srsly. to be honest i really envy you and regina! but dont worry, i took it on a positive way! <3 and yes, hoping to meet you girls, real soon! and i guess, ISA Philippines is the only way? hahaha or we can never tell, soon! i can fly there in LA and visit you guys! definitely that is part of my bucket list! Oops! sorry for the 'kinda' long read! :))

    xo,
    Gisela :)

    ReplyDelete