Wednesday, September 7, 2016

* love always, christine *


I've been going back and forth on whether I should write this post. I've finally concluded... just write and see what happens. So here I go.

After 5 amazing years at Wong Fu Productions, full of ups and downs, I have decided it's time to go. Coming to this decision has been an extremely difficult one. Wong Fu has, in so many ways, become intertwined with my life. I gave everything I had and in these 5 years, I'm walking away with beautiful memories, new friends who have now truly become my family, a movie, and many many laughs + tears.

I had to be honest with myself and really come to terms that I've taken WF as far as I can go and given everything I had to give... as did they. And the most unselfish thing we could do for each other is to each move forward onto our next chapters. So new spaces can open up for more amazing people to step in to help climb bigger mountains.

The greatest joy I feel is that all this came unexpectedly. Life is what you make of it. If you put 110% in, you come out feeling like a million dollars. That's the secret really. The value of true happiness doesn't come from money, job titles, or in others... It's how true you are to your soul.

Give generously and genuinely
Speak your truth
Love without expecting
HUG a lot
Compassion and consideration go a long long way
Seek balance
And.. Learn to continuously love and forgive yourself

Do all these things for yourself. As in don't do it to please others or try to win friendships or respect. You don't need to prove anything to anyone when you know yourself and can stand with confidence that what you say and do is pure.

I guarantee if you at least strive to live life that way, you'll always walk away with your arms, soul, and heart overflowing. You'll really come out with so much more than what you walked in with.

...................................


With all that said... and I say this as I'm wiping tears away...

I feel an overwhelming wave of gratitude and peace now.
Thank you for allowing me to close this beautiful beautiful chapter of my life. It's been written with so much love. And like any page turning chapter, there were moments that left me both speechless and with my heart aching. But I wouldn't take back any words. The good and not so good all made for this complete part of my life.

Thank you...











22 comments:

  1. Christine! Well miss you soooo much... Please dont disppear from wong fu forever! Love you and all the best for the future~ xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you've done a tremendous job! You have any idea of what is next? Best of luck on whatever that may be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. honestly, I read your twitter in the past few weeks and it doesn't really seem like you left Wongfu on good terms :( maybe Phil isn't as nice as he seems?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't make assumptions. It seems they are still on good terms and still hang out regularly outside of Wongfun. If they were not on good terms I doubt she would take the time to write this post in the first place.

      Delete
  4. Sad to hear the news that you're leaving because you've been involved in wongfu as long as I've been a fan. I even met you one time when you guys came to Vancouver for a show, and you were so sweet! Your xoxo series has inspired me so much and helped me to push to chase my dreams. I wish nothing but the best for you in your next adventure and hope to come to a class or conference led by you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps please make your own YouTube channel!

      Delete
  5. All the best! leave sparkles and glitter where ever you go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck on the next step in your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you posted the og wong fu pics at the bottom, I started crying. Christine, you will always be in my definition of who Wong Fu Productions is as a company. I started watching their channel when you started working there. It is amazing to see how much you have changed and how much you have changed Wong Fu. I am so glad we got to see you in more content this year and really get to know/be more personal with you. You are truly an amazing and inspiring person. I am so glad that you had the chance to share your insights with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh, I am really so sad to hear this. :'( I've watched your journey from being one of the OG Wong Fu employees to who you are now. You always were like the mom/big sister in Wong Fu that is caring. So, yeah... It's kinda sad to hear this given the fact that I just started watching Wong Fu like five to four months ago I think and now you're leaving. Despite that, I know you are stepping up your game in life and reaching new heights, so I'm very happy for that. As you have always imparted words of wisdom in WF, I would like to say that your potential has no limit and you could go anywhere if you stick to who you are. Even if we won't see you in Wong Fu anymore, we'll enjoy life as you enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why am I crying??? I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision, but once something becomes your comfort zone, it's a sign that you've outgrown your shell. Good luck with everything, Christine! WONGFU FO LYFE

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your XOXO Christine talks, they're so real and connect to me on a really deep level. Recently, I went through a mutual break-up of a 7-year relationship because the both of us finally listened to our OWN voices. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life, but I am coming out of it a stronger person. I am now focusing all my energy on loving myself and building the career I have always wanted to follow. Thank you for reminding me that I am following the right path and following my heart.

    Best wishes with the next chapter of your life and thank you for everything you have done through Wong Fu!

    XOXO Lillian

    ReplyDelete
  12. We will miss you so much Christine. <3, :'( And we will never forget you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm honestly sad that you left :'( but I hope you realised how much happiness and joy you've brought WF and the fans,including me :) Best of luck in whatever you're pursuing next Christine!you'll always be my favorite WFP member (shh don't tell the others)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Christine,
    When you first joined WF, it took me a while to warm up to you. At the time, I was used to only seeing Phil, Wes, and Ted, and I'm not a person who usually welcomes change. But as you got more comfortable in front of the camera and showed viewers your personality, I started to enjoy your presence and realized that you actually have a lot of offer. You are straight-forward and honest and offer a well-rounded female perspective that WF needs. I like that you aren't afraid to speak your mind and you do it while also being entertaining, engaging, and mature. It really isn't the same without you. I'll really miss seeing you in WF videos, especially in Lunch Breaks. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello! I'm still a bit shocked with your decision but if that's how I'm feeling, I can't help but wonder how much you had to go through to come to this decision. We will miss you. But, at the same time, I am so very proud of you. As someone who is currently standing in front of a fork road, I understand the difficulty of making such life changing decisions. I am happy for you and am excited for what's to come next in your life. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for all the happiness that you brought to WongFu the past 5 years! I'm super late on the news, but I hope whatever you set your mind to in the future is everything you want it to be. I'll miss seeing your face in WongFu videos, but everything happens for a reason, and you've done amazing things so far. Love ya Christine, and thanks for always being the kindest, most inspiring human being ever! I'm glad you signed off with XOXO Christine; your last hurrah left a big impact on me. Best wishes for the future 💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know I'm a bit late in terms of your post, but I still just wanted to tell you how much I love you Christine and how I'm so excited for this next chapter of your life. I actually met you for the first time in line at KCON LA just a few months ago (I was that girl wearing the nice guy shirt XD) and I just really hope there will be a day when we meet again. I fell in love with your character and your humor and your wise words through Wong Fu, but none of that's going to stop just because you're moving on. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for you and I'll be supporting you throughout it all. Thank you for everything and I seriously love you so much <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Christine. I started watching Wong Fu right around the time you joined. I've always enjoyed your presence in front of the camera, and could sense your genuine and humble nature. As you've shared more about yourself over the years, you've shown viewers how incredible and inspiring you are. Your words of wisdom on your final episode of xoxo Christine resonated with me, and I'm sure with many others. Best of luck wherever your dreams take you; you'll do amazing things and help many people along the way. Wong Fu 4 Lyfe, and as one great chapter closes, the next one begins :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. so what are you going to do now?

    ReplyDelete